Thursday, December 10, 2009

WEEK THIRTEEN: Bound to Happen

Well, it was bound to happen. I couldn't possibly have managed to actually update this every single week, could I? I knew it would happen. It is like when an NFL team is going for the undefeated season. It never is the game they should lose that takes them down, it is the one that they never should have lost. That's what happened. It wasn't Heather's exam week that knocked me out. It wasn't the week when I had a 103 fever. It was the week after all of the stress - the week when Heather was finally home for a month. I had no excuse. I had more free time than I have had since early this summer. There is no reason I would miss this week. And, yet, I did. Pretty pathetic.

By now, you know how last week played out in the NCAA, NFL, and SFL. The Gators lost, the BCS protected their big conference schools by matching TCU and Boise State in the worst big time bowl game ever, the Saints and Colts stayed undefeated, and the SFL moved one week closer to the playoffs. We are in our last regular season game. Stickboy and Bloodthirsty Ferrets are locked into the 1 and 2 slots. If Stickboy wins, he is #1. If he loses and Ferrets wins, Ferret is #1. If Ugly Consequences wins, he has the #3 slot. If he loses, it is mathematically possible for him to drop to #5 - but it would be an absolute miracle. If Gator Greats wins, he is in - probably as #4, unless Ugly loses and Gators wins and outscores Ugly by 28 points. Bad Counsel is in if he wins and Gator Greats loses. Tally Noles still has a slim chance, if both Gator and Counsel lose and Tally wins and outscores Gators by 90 points. Soooo, his chance of making the playoffs is about as good as Bobby Bowden's coming back as "Ambassador."

Got all that? Yeah, me neither. Next week, I will be back with a season recap and playoff preview. And in two weeks, we will have some SFL awards. So, sorry I blew it this week. I'll make it up to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment